Monday, July 20, 2009

Lance Harrison

Lance Harrison was the trad jazz guy here in Vancouver for years and years. When I was a kid in the 1970s, I loved his album Happy Jazz. Played it to death. Here he is with an all-star sextet featuring Toronto-via-Winnipeg's Paul Grosney on trumpet, and the rest Vancouver musicians: Dave Pepper on trombone, Chris Gage on piano, Stan "Cuddles" Johnson on bass and Jimmy Wightman on drums. Harrison plays the licorice stick. (Interesting side note: Pepper retired from the music biz relatively early and became an optometrist in Victoria. In fact, he was my optometrist for years and years!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this. It looks like it is from the 50's. Lance is my dad. He looks so young here and Cuddles looks about 17.Where did you get it?
    Loni (Harrison) Bowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loni !

    I've got a surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete