Friday, July 17, 2009

Tribute to Fraser MacPherson

When YouTube canceled my account for so-called copyright infringement, I thought all the work I had put in uploading videos from the Vancouver jazz scene of the 1960s-80s was for naught. It seems Warner Music took offense to some interpretations of jazz standards on some of the clips, even though the same standards could be found all over YouTube and the rest of the internet. The clips I had posted were getting hits all over the world from jazz fans. The surviving musicians, and relatives of the deceased ones, were happy their early efforts were finally getting a bit of a following. And then everything was gone.

Thankfully, I figured out I could just create a blog. Maybe not as many people will stumble across them, but if you do, and you like what you see, let others know. I'll eventually post all the clips I have, so keep checking back. In the meantime, we'll start with a video tribute to my late father, Fraser MacPherson.


1 comment:

  1. Cool. I not only like this because of the story about Fraser, but just watching actual authentic footage from back in the day is so fascinating. Sure was smoky and well dressed.

    ReplyDelete